Saturday, January 2, 2010

01/02/2010

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but the date today is a palindrome. :)

Well last night hubs and I went to my mother's house for New Year's dinner. We had the traditional meal.
White rice for fertility/bounty.
Black eyed peas for luck.
Collard greens for money.
we also had scalloped potatoes and cornbread. oh yeah and cake. Yesterday was actually my stepfather's birthday. So not only were we celebrating the new year but also his 34th birthday.
Las night was full of surprises. First my lil brother's half brother was there. I havent seen him in a long time. Now the kid's grown, in the army reserves, has a serious girlfriend and is living on his own. It blows my mind. I remember when he was like 7. He's the only younger boy I ever liked too. LOL. (but that's another blog) Also my mother's best friend and her family came. This is surprising because she doesnt often come to my mother's house. The most amazing thing however, is that as many people as there were there, there was not one single arguement. (Generally when my family gets together there is bickering.
Yesterday I cooked the collards for the meal and took them over there. Because of a breakdown in communication on my mother's part, my stepfather's mother (nana) also brought collards. I was a little disappointed at first because I dont usually have the chance to cook for people besides myself and hubs. I figured my collards wouldnt even be eaten because Nana had brought collards too. Well I was mistaken. Apparently Nana doesnt make collards very well. And apparently I do. That was only my third time making them and there were none leftover. So that made me feel good. I actually bought twice as much as I needed so I'm going to make some for church tomorrow.

Well the agenda for today is to clean out my car and drive it to my inlaws so hubs and his father can find out what is wrong with it and hopefully fix it. After that I do not know what I will be doing but I'm pretty sure it will involve the computer and/or the tv.

2 comments: