Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Career Decision

So last weekend I was helping my friend do a mock up for her upcoming wedding. it was to help make a decision about candles on the tables at the reception. well to do it completely she bought a flower boquet ( i feel i spelled that wrong.) well she was going to arrange the flowers but somehow I wound up doing it. So when i was done, she looked at it and complimented me by saying I could probably get a job in a flower shop. When she said that I was reminded that when I was about 10 years old and decided I wanted to be a writer I also decided to eventually own a flower shop. I had forgotten that a long time ago. Well... I've been giving it some serious thought and well, I could do that for the rest of my life. Arrange flowers that is. It's something creative that doesnt take a long time to complete so I feel like I actually accomplished something. It's hands-on. And I've always loved flowers. I've always loved gardening. Even when I was only 3 and 4 years old I would pick a nice bouquet of wildflowers and bring them to my mother or grandmother all arranged and pretty. On holiday occasions, I would arrange a centerpiece for my grandmothers table when I was older. So...like I said, it's something I feel I could do for the rest of my life. Hubs knows a woman in a nearby small town that owns a flowershop. She was his neighbor where he grew up. He offered to talk to her. I've been told before it's difficult to get a job in a flower shop, but I'm really going to try. There is also a flower shop right at the end of my road so I'm thinking of going up there one day and talking to the owner. Maybe ask questions about getting into the business. Maybe I can get some really good advice. Mom suggested putting together a protfolio. I think that is a great idea and as soon as i can get pictures off my camera to free up some memory I'll be hitting that project pretty hard. And there it is my 2nd big project of the year. (sidenote: I've gotten a good bit done on my crochet....it's starting to look like a blanket.) So if I can get a job at a flower shop I would be so thrilled. Even if it was only a few hours a week, I would enjoy it and enjoy learning more about the art. Then maybe one day, a bit down the road, I could own and operate my very own successful flowershop.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I helped you "Figure it Out." Lol, I'm so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete